Football Season

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Football Season

This topic contains 40 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Author

JoeAddinson
    Participant
    #18325 Reply

JoeAddinson
    Participant

What team do you support?

#18326 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Crystal Palace

#18327 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’ll say it loud and say it proud
    ARSENAL

#18328 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Gillingham!!!

#18329 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

CELTIC!! 😀

#18330 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I don’t think that people who enjoy football are “pathetic losers” but I do find it hard to comprehend how any hetrosexual male could enjoy football, perhaps one of you could explain it to me…

#18331 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

and a question for Mr.Byrne:
    What does football has to do anything with our sexuality???
    _______
    Tanya

#18332 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well certain things are for different sexualities. I just find it hard to understand why hetrosexual men like football, you know hat I mean. You’re obviously a woman “tanya” – so I have no problem with you having a crush on Beckham and Owen and Rooney or anyone else, I just don’t understand whats do good about it and why normal men would watch what seems fairly gay to me, with all do respect.

#18333 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Why do we watch all different sports?
    Because of the excitement of the game and has nothing to do with being male/female, gay/straight,… it’s all about individuals taste, what kind of sports he/she prefers. I hardly doubt that a man watching football, basketball, cricket, rugby, baseball,…(these are all male team sports) already qualifies him as a gay. :blink:

And honestly, women who have crushed on Beckham, Owen, Rooney,…don’t even know what a goal is!
    ________
    Tanya

#18334 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well, different sports differences. – crisket is a gentlemens sport. I don’t watch it myself but I have no problem with those that do watch it.

Whats that famous phrase about Football and Rugby…

Football is a gentlemans game played by ruffians, rugby is a ruffians game played by gentlemen.

#18335 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 4 2004, 05:32 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 4 2004, 05:32 PM)
    but I do find it hard to comprehend how any hetrosexual male could enjoy football, perhaps one of you could explain it to me…

What the hell are you on about?????

Football is a sport, a competition like any competition where a certain level of skill is needed to win each game, one side loses and one side wins sometimes they’re even and you get a draw.

What’s the hell does it have to do with anyones sexuality?
    I’ve never heard of such a ridiculous remark!

Mr Byrne, I’ve read most, if not all of your posts and replies in this forum and have generally liked and agreed with them but this is braindead.
    I guess you don’t follow football which is fine, each to their own, but you shouldn’t start stirring up stuff like this.

I’ve been a football ( Celtic and Ireland of course! ) fan most my life, I also like rugby, Gaelic football and best of all, hurling…the fastest most exciting game in the world!! As does my father, my grandfather and no doubt my greatgrandfather so are you questioning all our sexuality????? :angry:

#18336 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well I think we’ve got off to a rather hasty start here. That message you just quoted from is not me, I followed up[ from that, I never said I agreed with it but thought the message is funny and that message is funny – not posted by me- i’m not a comedian.

Now,
    Hurling, I don’t usually watch it myself, but that is a mans sport all right. As regards soccer, no, I’m not really a football fan, though I have been to a lot of Eircom League matches. I do suually watch the international soccer matches, but usually just the world cup and its because I have to. Everyone else does, I’d seem like an awful aquare if I didn’t join he whole 99% of the country in watching the World Cup. YET- I do not want Ireland to qualify for the world cup!!!!! –
    I suppose in my heart I want Ireland to qualify, but in my brain, I don’t – because the whole country comes to a standstill. If I ever become involved in a coup attempt, I’ll make sure to organise it while the world cup is on.

#18337 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Mr Byrne, I think if you look again you will see that I did indeed quote correctly,
    the line I used is from your first reply to that idiot ‘ The BMG Xperience ‘ and he’s retarded view on people who like football, which is the second quote I used in sharing my opinion of him or it or whatever ‘ The BMG Xperience ‘ is.

#18338 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well yes I agree with you, he does seem a bit mentally handicapped but he did make one or two good points.

#18339 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Mr Byrne, you continue to amaze me, what were the 1 or 2 good points that were made by ‘ The BMG Xperience ‘ I really can’t wait to hear this!

#18340 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

1. “You worship men that don’t care about you or even know you”

2. “I doubt any of you are actually good at football”

3. “The reason you english bastards are so into football is because your heads are so full of S*** from being bombarded with adds and news about David Beckham or Wayne Rooney or whatever all your lives.”

– this is phrased very badly and insultingly satrical but you do get the gist of it that we are bombarded with advertisements and money seems to be the biggest factor in soccer (in particular) today.

finally: “after looking at some of your lives, I no longer fear death. ” – LOL!

#18341 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

On point 1: I don’t worship anyone, anywhere at anytime and never have or will.

On point 2: Complete nonsense, if you watch a musical concert that you like, are you then supposed to be able to play like or even better then the musicians themselves?? Or if you watch a great actor in a film or play and are a fan of that actor, should you be able to act as good as them?? My point here being that just because we watch and like football has absolutely nothing to do with whether we can or cannot play football.

On point 3: Similar to point 1 plus I have enough intelligence not to watch adds never mind falling for them! Also, yes money is often the biggest factor in football thesedays and that is sad but it is no different then any other sport or entertainment like music, films etc..and as can be seen many times with football players costing millions or films costing millions, a lot of times they fail bigtime!
    Money don’t mean talent!!

And finally…..if you no longer fear death? Then may death come soon to you!!
    ( Not you Mr Byrne as you did not make this comment )

#18342 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

You took your time:

“On point 1: I don’t worship anyone, anywhere at anytime and never have or will.”

– I worship my bank account!

“On point 3: Similar to point 1 plus I have enough intelligence not to watch adds never mind falling for them! Also, yes money is often the biggest factor in football thesedays and that is sad but it is no different then any other sport or entertainment like music, films etc..and as can be seen many times with football players costing millions or films costing millions, a lot of times they fail bigtime!
    Money don’t mean talent!!”

– I hate the idea of a certain team called “Chelsea” or “Chelski” buying winners. That is sad.

“And finally…..if you no longer fear death? Then may death come soon to you!!
    ( Not you Mr Byrne as you did not make this comment )”

– Thanks for writing my name, now you make you make me feel like there’s a death curse on me!

#18343 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

I took my time because I was away for awhile.

I agree with you on the Chelsea thing but it seems to be working for them, at the moment anyway now that they’re at top of the league and that in turn will bring them in more money, so you have to look at like a business where you spend money to make money.

I mentioned your name so as you would know that I did not mean you but ‘that bmg xperience’ who originated the statement.

Cheers!

#18344 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

that in turn will bring them in more money

I didn’t think Football teams were very profitable. Maybe if you take a bad team and gradually build it up and sell it, but a large team like Chelsea, I do not think it is earning Mr. Abramovich lots of money(who if he gets on the wrong side of Putin might not have a s much money as he does now).

#18345 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

oxford

#18346 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Will some moderator read the replies, as they are offensive and against forum rules.

My team is England. My week-by-week team for 28 years is Arsenal FC.

I played football in infant school in the playground so I did what 99% of boys my age and older do everyday at school.

If you don’t like Football don’t watch it. I maybe 6’9” but I hate Basketball I don’t start talking crap about it, I chose not to watch it.

All I know is that those that start slagging others, mmm like David Beckham and Wayne Rooney are just jealous.

I would not want their lifestyle myself I wish them all the best in what they do for a living.

#18347 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Well said Lee Smith, I agree totally with you. You support England cos your English, I’m Irish and I support Ireland and all because we love football whom ever you support and thats that!

I laughed when I read the basketball thing you said cos I’m 6’5 and all the way through school I was pestered to play basketball and I wouldn’t cos I didn’t like it either. :rolleyes:

#18348 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

I think that Geoff shreves should be back reporting on the 4:05pm games. with all due respects to the new lad they have there he really can’t be compared to geoff. geoff is a super reporter and doesnt ask stupid questions that anyone could know the answer to. geoff puts the managers and players under pressure and even sir alex respects him. if you compare sir alex’s answers to the new lad mark boulton to geoff’s they are totally different. BRING BACK GEOFF!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Football Season
Your information: