Five

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Five

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Hello 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Pete19
    Participant
    #19331 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

Looks like to FIVE Presenters and Reporters have started to bail!

Katie Ledger stand in on FIVE’s lunchtime showhas moved over to the ITV News Channel. Who will be next?

With Sky starting to get thier FIVE team together, who would you like to see kept on at FIVE and who would you like to see move over from Sky to FIVE?

#19332 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Five

I would have liked to have seen most of the Five team stay together but theres no room for sentiment . This current lot have been around for at least three years so its a shame to see them split.

They should keep the Kirsty – Rob – Charlie triumvirate , but i’m sure they wont and thats a big loss.

As for the reporters , Andy bell , Ben scotchbrook , james bays , emma birchley should be kept.

Five generally get it right when recruiting so I trust that any new reporters will be as good as the current team.

#19333 Reply

Easty
    Participant

They should nick Kirsty Young and get her to anchor Prime-Time Sky News and get Julia Etchingham to present Five News.

#19334 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Free transfer for Ms Burley?

#19335 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Pete19+Oct 9 2004, 11:13 AM–>(Pete19 @ Oct 9 2004, 11:13 AM)
    With Sky starting to get thier FIVE team together, who would you like to see kept on at FIVE and who would you like to see move over from Sky to FIVE?

Who do you move from Sky to Channel Five to do the bulletins? Julie Etchingham sounds good. She’s always good wherever she is. The other two names that come to mind are Anjali Rao and Karin Giannone. Why? Very simply they are at their best when they get to present by themselves and they should be on at peak time viewing when everyone can see and appreciate them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#19336 Reply

gaja
    Participant

I believe part of the deal between Sky and Five is that Kirsty Young remains the ‘face’ of Five News.

#19337 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Hello+Oct 12 2004, 04:04 PM–>(Hello @ Oct 12 2004, 04:04 PM)

Pete19+Oct 9 2004, 11:13 AM–>(Pete19 @ Oct 9 2004, 11:13 AM)

Who do you move from Sky to Channel Five to do the bulletins? Julie Etchingham sounds good. She’s always good wherever she is. The other two names that come to mind are Anjali Rao and Karin Giannone.

Leave AnJali at Sky!!!

I can’t get that channel 5 which means I don’t see the 5 news which would mean I’d never see AnJali again!!!!!!!!!!!

#19338 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

rob237+Oct 9 2004, 06:08 PM–>(rob237 @ Oct 9 2004, 06:08 PM)
    Free transfer for Ms Burley?

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

#19339 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Five seem to be poaching from ITN.
    Catherine jacob has gone.
    They’ve also taken one of the top news at ten producers.

#19340 Reply

DDP
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Oct 12 2004, 08:45 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Oct 12 2004, 08:45 PM)
    I can’t get that channel 5 which means I don’t see the 5 news which would mean I’d never see AnJali again!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? Hold on a minute, you can get SKY News, but not Channel Five. How the hell does that work? :blink:

#19341 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Tellyguru+Oct 15 2004, 09:15 PM–>(Tellyguru @ Oct 15 2004, 09:15 PM)
    Five seem to be poaching from ITN.
    Catherine jacob has gone.
    They’ve also taken one of the top news at ten producers.

:huh: I always though ITN and Five were linked anyway?

#19342 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Up until now ITN has provided the news service for Channel five. They lost out to SKY this time round and they are going to provide the news service from now on. Other than that Five and ITN are not linked.

#19343 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

i could have sworn I saw catherine jacob on ITV just the other day. why do you say shes gone to five?

#19344 Reply

Hello
    Participant

DDP+Oct 16 2004, 12:27 AM–>(DDP @ Oct 16 2004, 12:27 AM)

AnjaliWOW+Oct 12 2004, 08:45 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Oct 12 2004, 08:45 PM)

WTF? Hold on a minute, you can get SKY News, but not Channel Five. How the hell does that work? :blink:

Im guessing that Anjaliwow doesn’t live in the UK. One of the problems Channel 5 has had in the past is you can’t pick up the reception for it in certain parts of the UK. To solve this problem Channel 5 is available on sky.

#19345 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

She has been poached and joins shortly.
    ITN lost the contract to provide five news.
    They’ve also captured one of ITN’s top producers.

#19346 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

“How would you like your presenters today? Poached, hard-boiled, soft-centred or scrambled?”

#19347 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Skybaby+Oct 16 2004, 07:52 PM–>(Skybaby @ Oct 16 2004, 07:52 PM)
    “How would you like your presenters today?  Poached, hard-boiled, soft-centred or scrambled?”

However they come, Im easy!

#19348 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

deleted

#19349 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

[quote=Hello,Oct 16 2004, 01:29 PM] WTF? Hold on a minute, you can get SKY News, but not Channel Five. How the hell does that work? :blink:

Im guessing that Anjaliwow doesn’t live in the UK. One of the problems Channel 5 has had in the past is you can’t pick up the reception for it in certain parts of the UK. To solve this problem Channel 5 is available on sky.

I don’t live in U.K and Channel 5 ain’t on the Sky Digital service here, from what I’ve read in satelite magazines Channel 5 is U.K. mainland only. From what I’ve heard about Channel 5 I’m not missing much!!!

#19350 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Channel 5 is no worse than any of the other stations.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Five
Your information: