FIVE NEWS- Has it gone downhill

Forums Forums TV Newsroom FIVE NEWS- Has it gone downhill

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  skyspy 12 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tellyguru
    Participant
    #27978 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

What’s happened to Five News- I can’t watch it anymore it’s just so bland and has no pizzazz like the old Five. Clearly they don’t get the Sky resources anymore and it’s just a re-hash of their packages. The presentation lacks weight and it’s a shame Kirsty is hardly ever on.

#27979 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

I don’t know . I sort of predicted this last year as a potential outcome never believing that Five or Sky would let it happen. It’s not in their interests to make a poor news service but that’s what they’ve done. Five news excelled itself with the ITN but now it’s nothing of the sort compared to what it was.

The anchors are a second rate bunch , only some of the reporters do anything of quality and seem to be scratching around for a good story each week. I don’t blame kirsty , she’s pregnant and her priorities are more with her own health than her work now.

Five said that sky would give them ‘ more bang for a buck ‘ well that’s all gone with a whimper. I can’t see how this show can be changed for the better.

#27980 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Tonight a rare taste of how much better the News on Five could be .

Kirsty hosting the two shows for a total of fifty five minutes news. They sucked all the resources from sky news and provided some genuine content to their news shows. If only it could be like this all of the time or just most of it.

Pity about Catherine jacob though , she came a cropper on a live 2 way when she was flying without notes and f’d up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: FIVE NEWS- Has it gone downhill
Your information: