Favourite weather presenters

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Favourite weather presenters

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Geordie 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Glenn
    Participant
    #26527 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I have quite a number of favourites, so I’m rather stretched. As far as national goes, I like Martyn Davies and Becky Mantin (when she’s on!). I always favour friendly presenters in addition to professionalism. You can’t find anyone more professional than Martyn in my opinion.

I have a number of favourite regional weather presenters. Again Martyn is a favourite regional presenter via Meridian. I also like Emma Jesson, Charlie Neil (both Central, Wales & West), Kerrie Gosney, Jo Blythe (both Yorkshire, Granada & Border), and I can’t forget Bob Johnson at Tyne Tees. What a guy. I like Carl Tyler (Meridian) too but his appearances are so few and far between nowadays as he’s semi-retired.

Who are your favourite national and regional weather presenter(s)?

#26528 Reply

Mister_Storm
    Participant

Agree with Becky Mantin, she was on Anglia before she ‘defected’ to main ITV. Before I moved here my favourite would be Carl “misty and murrrky” Tyler.

#26529 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

National : Becky Mantin and Martyn Davies.

Regional: Jo Blythe.

#26530 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

my favourite weather presenter is chrissie reidy,but i really liked jo rice,it looks like shes vanished of the face of the earth!

#26531 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

National: Helen Willetts

Regional: Jo Blythe

#26532 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

bee pee+Aug 29 2005, 09:13 PM–>(bee pee @ Aug 29 2005, 09:13 PM)
    my favourite weather presenter is chrissie reidy,but i really liked jo rice,it looks like shes vanished of the face of the earth!

Chrissie is now the regional forecaster for ITV London.

#26533 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I thought Laura Greene was great – but clearly ITV did not, as she is no longer there. Also my former colleague Shereen Tulloch – who had a short spell with GMTV.

Yet the best has to be Carol Kirkwood on the BBC – always smiling (in NOT A FAKE way) and the legendary ‘Heather with the Weather’ Reid. ‘Hello there’ Heather fans. She is with BBC Reporting Scotland

#26534 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Becky Mantin’s back on the weather after her tenure on This Morning. Bet Martyn and S?an are happy that there’s someone else to work alongisde them. Those two have had to share the work all summer it seems, plus Martyn’s had his shifts on Meridian too! :blink:

#26535 Reply

alfie
    Participant

as i come from the meridian region,its got to be gemma humphries.no matter what the weather,its hot .shes pretty,got a nice rack on her and likes to ride.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/4985623/gemma.avi

#26536 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Sara Thornton is back on Anglia, so has to be her now.

#26537 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

Gmtv’s Clare Nasir

#26538 Reply

sammy
    Participant

anna marie fosse
    swedish girl on live tv
    u can prove theres a sexier 1
    then ur a genius

might b norwegian lol

#26539 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

sammy+Sep 30 2005, 08:36 PM–>(sammy @ Sep 30 2005, 08:36 PM)
    u can prove theres a sexier 1
    then ur a genius

No contest – Emma Jesson!
    Have at look at her website
    http://emmajesson.com

#26540 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Wow I didn’t know there was a website dedicated to her. I like Emma. She’s such a friendly presenter which is always a plus for sure.

#26541 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Has anyone seen Kerrie Gosney on Granada News? Wow, like! Also another Granada girl, Joe Blythe, but i think she’s been national a few times i think?

#26542 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I think Kerrie’s quite cute. I know she used to be a continuity announcer at Yorkshire TV and the northern ITV regions (Granada, Tyne Tees & Border, in addition to YTV) until ITV1 centralized continuity to London, and she then became a weathergirl for ITV in the North. Jo’s great too. I like Debbie Lindley too but she seems to be on less often for some reason.

#26543 Reply

singledub
    Participant

SIAN LLOYD

#26544 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Claire Nasir I love too bits

#26545 Reply

Geordie
    Participant

There is only one – Lisa Burke. Makes getting up for work a lot easier these cold mornings!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Favourite weather presenters
Your information: