Eamonn Holmes gets US quiz Show

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Eamonn Holmes gets US quiz Show

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jonn0boy 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

gsf
    Participant
    #32192 Reply

gsf
    Participant

FOX has jumped aboard the game-show bandwagon, greenlighting production on a show called “The Rich List” for later this season.

The show, which comes from the British production company responsible for “The Weakest Link” and “Dog Eat Dog,” challenges teams of strangers to compete in completing lists on a variety of topics, ranging from book knowledge (states with a coastline, say) to pop culture (movies directed by Steven Spielberg).

The two teams bid on how many answers they think they can provide, with the highest bidders getting the task of completing a list. If one team falls short of its bid number, the other team moves on.

From there, the winning team takes on another group, with each right answer worth increasing amounts of cash. The winners can keep playing, and keep winning, until another team dethrones them.

Eamonn Holmes, a long-time presenter on British morning show “GMTV,” will host “The Rich List.” A premiere date hasn’t been scheduled.

#32193 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Does that mean no-more Sunrise?

#32194 Reply

gsf
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:Does that mean no-more Sunrise?

Too early to say. It might flop like 50% of US shows do after the 1st or 2nd show.

And of course Eamonn might find a way to keep all those jobs going (BBC National, BBC NI, Sky, Heart, the newspaper column, etc) plus a US quiz gig. After all the guy needs to make a living :biggrin:

#32195 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

he is hardly on sunrise with all the holidays anyway!

#32196 Reply

teecee
    Participant

crazyfj wrote:he is hardly on sunrise with all the holidays anyway!

hehe

#32197 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

I spoke too soon, he’s back….looking rather tired and if he keeps mentioning he’s been off screen, I might hit the TV…

Sunrise has now become dull again…..

#32198 Reply

expression
    Participant

He is a rather annoying presenter. Makes you realise how good Lorna is. His morning banter, most of it not funny.

I miss the days of Emma Crosby and Simon McCoy. It was fun watching a guy trying to flirt with a good looking woman at 8 in the morning, whilst presenting the news.

#32199 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Call me when You?re Sober (Evanescence, 2006)…..

I like Eamonn Holmes very much at Sunrise. But maybe together with Lorna Dunkley he always is or will be “The Weakest Link”?
    And about expressions?latest post: “I miss the day of Emma Crosby and Simon McCoy”…….
    No – I don?t – but I miss the day(s) of Simon McCoy and the funny, screeming Julie Etchingham. If they went back some day at SN?s Sunrise – you alway can “Call me when you?re Sober……

#32200 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Eamonn Holmes and Michael Aspel are among the bookmakers’ favourites to take over as presenter of TV quiz Countdown when Des Lynam quits.
    Betfair has Holmes as the most likely replacement at 5/1, while Paddy Power makes Aspel its 6/1 favourite.

#32201 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Fox will begin airing the Eamonn Holmes-hosted Rich List in November.

The quiz show throws total strangers together into teams that have to work together to fill in missing answers on themed lists of questions.

Production on the show’s six-episode run was in progress last month. At that time, Mike Darnell, executive VP of special programming at Fox, said the network was “thrilled to bring this dynamic format to the American audience for the first time.”

The Rich List will start its run at 9pm on Wednesday, November 1, with Bones as its lead-in.

Reported by DigitalSpy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Eamonn Holmes gets US quiz Show
Your information: