Double Shift Day

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Double Shift Day

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #18416 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Chris Roberts is the only male presenter today to do a single shift.
    Allan King on 5pm – 12am and I saw Steve Dixon from 9am – 1pm today…

#18417 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

The reason for this as I have said in other posts is that male/male and female/female shifts are now banned so double shifts are needed if there are 2 presenters, the alternative would be to have a single presenter on for 20:00 – 00:00.

#18418 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Really? I’m not sure then why Julie Etchingham and Sheila Jansen were presenting Sky News Today through whole week (except today), if there is a ban! <_ <
    _________
    Tanya

#18419 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

Sky News Today is the only female/female shift that has been on for some time now, it may be that people find it acceptable as they are both not at the desk. BBC News 24 would not do that though. Sky News Today also cannot be presented by just 1 person if needed as other shifts can.

#18420 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yes SkyNews Today could.
    It would be hard but it could happen……and from my source there is no ban.
    male/male partnerships are avoided but no “ban”—if necessary 2 same sex couple will be used.

Lorna and Vivienne have presented sunrise together recently enough.
    and as moynahan said,Sheila and the SkyNews bb winner for Newstoday.

#18421 Reply

Kelly
    Participant

Newsroom+Aug 14 2004, 12:46 AM–>(Newsroom @ Aug 14 2004, 12:46 AM)
    Yes SkyNews Today could.

male/male partnerships are avoided but no “ban”—if necessary 2 same sex couple will be used.

The last time for that was last year with Chris Roberts and David Foster, sorry ban was not the right word to use there “policy against” would have been the best word to use.

If people find male/male shifts offensive I would have thoughe female/femlae shifts would also be offensive to some people although it can be seen they were avoiding a female/female shift this time by getting Allan King to do a double shift.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Double Shift Day
Your information: