diana coverage

Forums Forums TV Newsroom diana coverage

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kev667 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sky.dub
    Participant
    #29029 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

I just have a question about the death of diana.. As far as i know Martin Stanford broke the news of her death at around 4.40a.m. However on the sky news press site and others,it says that kay Burley broke the news. Was she coanchoring or did she break the confirmation statement? Can anyone out there clarify this for me please…

#29030 Reply

skyfan77
    Participant

Martin Stanford broke this sad news on morning 31.8.1997 as the first. He broke the news with this words:
    “Greham let me just interrupt you for moment eehm, I am learning from the PressAssociation now, they are telling me..that Diana Princess of Wales has died! This is according the British sources and that?s what the PressAssociation has been told..”

#29031 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

So what’s the deal with saying Kay Burley broke the news if Martin did?

#29032 Reply

rob237
    Participant

sky.dub wrote:So what’s the deal with saying Kay Burley broke the news if Martin did?

Perhaps the same deal as you posing such an inane and puerile question in the first place?
    Why the hell does it matter!

Cheers
    Robt P.

#29033 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

rob237 wrote:(sky.dub @ Feb 2 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]13181[/snapback]

So what’s the deal with saying Kay Burley broke the news if Martin did?

Perhaps the same deal as you posing such an inane and puerile question in the first place?
    Why the hell does it matter!

Cheers
    Robt P.

Excuse me for asking a question in a sky news forum about a sky news presenter on a big news story. In future keep your irrelevant opinions to yourself.

#29034 Reply

kev667
    Participant

ok look, lets not get nasty but review some things;

in kay and martin’s biography it says this;

Kay has broadcast live some of the biggest news events of the last 16 years including both Iraq wars; the deaths of Diana Princess of Wales, the Queen Mother, and Princess Margaret; the crash of Concorde; and the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Martin has anchored the channel?s coverage of some of the biggest breaking news stories, including the September 11th terrorist attacks on the US, the subsequent bombing of Afghanistan, the Iraq War, the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, and the Beslan school siege.

as the avi is out there somewhere of martin breaking the news, we know that happened – kay. i’m sure was have been on air for many hours as well.. either way, the biog isn’t incorrect for either of them as it’s too vague & we know martin was the man to break it. all cool?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: diana coverage
Your information: