CNN

Forums Forums TV Newsroom CNN

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bruce
    Participant
    #33650 Reply

bruce
    Participant

If any of you have seen CNN International i think that is the best news channel at the moment, the whole format and graphics beats Sky News(although i prefer sky news to bbc news24) and it has the best presenters although i do like Anjali Rao….shame she moved to hong kong to CNN but she is very good

#33651 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

Hi, Bruce.
    I have never seen CNNI, and I would like to. One of my favourite male anchors works there. Actually two do. Adrian and Richard. I think that their really good looking. Maybe one day the channel will come to Canada. I hope it’s soon.

#33652 Reply

bruce
    Participant

go on to you tube and type in CNN International and you will find the graphics and titles/idents of there. I only came across CNN on holiday at christmas and it is better than british news

#33653 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

CNN is an objective news agency. They present both sides of the story.

Paul

Vauxhall Agila Specifications 2007

#33654 Reply

martin_PL
    Participant

TVN24 has got better graphics.

Sometimes watch also no-english news tv.

#33655 Reply

Lone
    Participant

What the hell is TVN24?

#33656 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

CNN dropped Reuters last week, and already maybe regretting it: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/10/busin … 10cnn.html

Outside of a newsroom, a half-hour delay in obtaining video may seem like a minor inconvenience at best. But to television news executives, the lag in catching up to the competition can be a challenge.

That was the predicament CNN faced just after 3:15 p.m. on Friday, as a grainy 75-second tape of Osama bin Laden?s latest message began running in a seemingly endless loop on the cable news network?s chief rivals, Fox News Channel and MSNBC.

Reuters had obtained a video excerpt and distributed it to clients. Unfortunately for CNN, the channel had ended its 27-year relationship with Reuters just seven days earlier.

A CNN correspondent did obtain a transcript of bin Laden?s message and used archival footage to report on it. But television relies on fresh visuals; without them, CNN, which is owned by Time Warner, continued its regular news coverage while Fox News Channel and MSNBC covered the bin Laden tape as breaking news.

#33657 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Hmm, interesting, though I can’t imagine a 75 sec video loop, which BTW is seldom played fully and translated complete on any western based news channel, is a major blow to the channel.

Then again, the yanks probably rely more on visuals then anyone else, so……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: CNN
Your information: