Catherine Jones

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Catherine Jones

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skyspy 12 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant
    #27567 Reply

James
    Participant

Great to see that Catherine is getting all the spare presenting shifts going at the moment…including presenting the main evening bulletins this week… Maybe we’re see more of her when Kirsty goes on maternity leave…

#27568 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Re. Cath
    She does a good job presenting, a bit wide eyed at times though.

I’d like to see Five get someone in who can actually lift the programme when Kirsty is away. It’s been a dowdy year for Five news. I want to see them turning it around in 2006 and start retrieving what has been lost since the change of news provider.

I hope they can be adventurous and not just get in someone like Helen Fospero to fill.

#27569 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Lets face it Five news is dull, has poor editorial content, and without Kirsty has poor presenters like Barbara Serra.
    Maybe a change of editorial policy might solve its problems but clearly it isn’t valued in the industry as nobody in any newsrooms across the country bothers to tune in.

#27570 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

You’re right TG , i think five are experimenting with the editorial as they have a
    guest editor on for the friday which to me is a novel move.

Some of the presenters , not counting Kate or Kirsty though, seem very down in the mouth.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Catherine Jones
Your information: