Breaking News: Prince Harry Wearing A Nazi Uniform

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Breaking News: Prince Harry Wearing A Nazi Uniform

This topic contains 26 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  samico 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author

kev667
    Participant
    #22584 Reply

kev667
    Participant

omg. :blink:

#22585 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

What a tit.

I support the royal family and don’t want to be without them, but this guy is nuts, what a T***** only word for him.

I’m sure this guy must know what went on in WW2 and he dresses like this, i know it’s a party but christ this is in such poor taste it’s sick.

Bet his mother is proud of him know.

#22586 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Yeah clearly blown his chances of getting into Sandhurst. Certainly gave me a shock until I realized it was a joke, almost spilt my coffee.

#22587 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The Sky vote reflects a brief synopsis of the attitude of Britain, when 50% of the viewers dismiss this effrontery as ‘harmless fun’.
    Do they not know that many, many died so that these priveledged few can live the life of Riley?. Yet they mock them.
    LEST THEY FORGET! – already forgotten?

#22588 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Anyone remember TV fame Freddie Starr (Adolf Hitler) clowning about in shorts, wellies etc. There wasn’t a word of protest only laughter & applause – Mickey

#22589 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Oh lord. That was funny. What an idiot. Then again, he’s young. But someone of his status, whose every public move is being closely monitured, should know better not to wear a NAZI uniform regardless

At least he doesn’t represent my country

#22590 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

World of difference between what Freddie Starr did and this incident. If you watched the various discussions last night someone brought this up. Freddie Starr deliberately made his character to be so ridiculous that one could not interpret anything into it except to laugh at it. However in the current incident I sense no attempt to be funny or attempt at parody with this particular photograph. I dont know if it was an in-joke – being that his family originated from Germany – Sax-Coburg – even then the joke is still lost on us. I live in Germany – it creates offence here too – especially as this year is the 60th aniversary of the freeing of Auschwitz – in two weeks time – If you were not aware of that you should watch the BBC2 series that started last Tuesday.
    I am concerned that the the Sky news poll indicates that 59% nearly 60% called it harmless fun – 11,000 votes. Whether this is an indication of what I have always suspected to exist in England – that a latent racism exists. Comic scenes like the John Cleese episode in Fawlty Towers, Springtime for Hitler in The producers allow us to reflect on our own predjudices – I saw no attempt at this in the photograph. It may have been a stupid, crass idea from a young person thinking this was a bit of a laugh – however this is relatively recent history – members of his family lived through this period as did many others still alive – and there are still people perpetuating these ideas and denying that atrocities carried out by people wearing that uniform took place. It is the lightness in which some people seek to excuse this incident which is of concern because once our guard falls these ideas begin to grow again – that is for me the greatest danger and it saddens me that there may still be fertile soil in England where these ideas can plant seed again – These are not laughing matters.

#22591 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Bet his granddad thinks it’s “harmless fun” too – and his grandma…doesn’t. Maybe he thinks like his rellie [um, what’s Eddiebaby VII, the pro-Nazi, to him – royal genealogy not my strong point]. What a right knockwurst (sp?) he made of himself.

Freddie Starr! Omg, he didn’t eat a hamster too?

#22592 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

“The 250-guest party had a native and colonial theme”. Sky News’ website.

OMG. Guess they weren’t passing the hat around for poor and homeless refugees then; what do you think?

#22593 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Ok guys, let’s break this down. Prince Harry was wearing a costume at a fancy dress party. That’s all it was. Why isn’t prince William being critisied for going dressed as a lion because, you know, a man got eaten by a lion once.

Just because he went dressed as a Nazi to a party doesn’t mean he’s being disrespectful to anyone. If he went round saying, ‘Yes, I’m a facsist and all Jews are dirty theives and should be killed’, they you may have a point. But people, please, it was just a fancy dress party.

Although thinking about it, maybe you are right and I better throw my Oliver Cromwell costume in the bin just incase in insult the one quarter of me that’s Irish, heaven forbid.

#22594 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

daved2424+Jan 13 2005, 07:01 PM–>(daved2424 @ Jan 13 2005, 07:01 PM)
    Although thinking about it, maybe you are right and I better throw my Oliver Cromwell costume in the bin just incase in insult the one quarter of me that’s Irish, heaven forbid.

Don’t even think of mentioning that Cromwell murdering scum!

What that Harry dude done was very very bad taste, anyone with half a brain can see that! Hmm does he have half a brain? It was probably his grandfathers idea anyway!

#22595 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Why? I don’t understand? It’s a costume! It’s not real, just like Neighbours.

#22596 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

daved2424+Jan 13 2005, 09:24 PM–>(daved2424 @ Jan 13 2005, 09:24 PM)

It’s very frightening that you don’t understand and that you think it’s just like neighbours…..very frightening!

#22597 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Well don’t just say that, explain it to me! I see it as fancy dress, and not him hating Jews. What am I missing?

#22598 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

This gets worse!!! Please get a history book and read up about the relevance of the swastika on the armband that he was wearing – It was the symbol of the Nazi philosophy – not just to do with Jews – it is still a symbol of the extreme right both in UK and in Europe – In Germany its a banned symbol – It is an offence to wear it – The swastika was held as a good luck token before use by the Nazis corrupted its meaning. It is not just fancy dress – and its not part of history – The Nazi philosophy is still preached by the far right –

#22599 Reply

samico
    Participant

I suggest that Price Harry will read “World War II” of Winston Churchill and be tested about the topics in the book.
    Buy this way; he will learn the results of the Nazi regime, not only in regard to the Jewish catastrophe, the Holocaust, but also in regard to the millions of world citizen who lost their lives and dreams as result of the Nazi regime.
    I believe on educational measures.

#22600 Reply

backload
    Participant

:blink:

Don’t ruin it for me; but I’ve suspicions about Wrestling and anything in the Sun Newspaper too. This is not a story, this is a mockery of news – look at any news feed it is well down the list of stories – and this was front page news?

Along with others previously mentioned I will be retiring my Attila the Hun costume (though I’ll really miss the horse whip).

#22601 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Yes, but he is not embracing the Nazi movement he is just making a mokery of it. Are you all too short sighted to see that?

#22602 Reply

rob237
    Participant

My understanding is that the Prince offered a rapid apology with acknowledgement that his choice of costume was inappropriate.

And yet, a la Ron Atkinson, this is deemed unacceptable to some of ‘aggrieved’ minority.
    They demand humiliation and humble pie consumption, in public.

‘Fraid it’s now par for the the course in this country – an unaccepted apology, by the vast minority, blocks any proper closure.

Can the gutter press now direct it’s efforts to investigate if many of these folk are REALLY, REALLY, offended, and what plans are afoot to turn the Prince into a Pariah?

The lad should have a word with ‘Big Ron’ about potential future scenarios.

#22603 Reply

Steven
    Participant

My first thought when I saw The Sun front page Thursday morning was “is he a fool?”. Mainly bacause it was such an obvious PR mistake. His reasons for doing aren’t clear, although we can pretty much be guaranteed that it isn’t because he supports what it symbolises. The guy made a mistake. An error of judgment more than anything. He’s human. Although I’m sure that there must have been somebody aware of this and in a postion to advise him against wearing it.
    There is 2 things playing on my mind at this time; the fact that the Sun seems to be going after Harry at any cost – their front page today was the same as yesterdays, same picture, just with a different headline; also what about the person who exploited their invite to a private party, and has now probably gained financially from this – that is very sad.

#22604 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Steven+Jan 14 2005, 01:07 PM–>(Steven @ Jan 14 2005, 01:07 PM)

There is 2 things playing on my mind at this time;  the fact that the Sun seems to be going after Harry at any cost – their front page today was the same as yesterdays, same picture, just with a different headline;

Simon, those of us who have been around for a while – arguably too long – can recall when British press journalism was as good as any in the world.

Our London gutter press has now managed, within three decades or less, to become the dregs of the world-wide industry.
    Regretably, our broadsheets seem to be heading in the same direction.

Apparently, the Aussie who is primarily responsible for this descent into the cesspit
    also has interests in the TV industry, including 24 news coverage.

Beaverbrook & Rothermere come back……all is forgiven.

#22605 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Sorry, Steven not Simon!

I’m simple…..just met a pieman, going to the fair :rolleyes:

#22606 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

“Is he a fool”?
    This was a party for Hoorays and their appalling poshgals (I was going to use a less polite word, but this is a family forum ) with a “Native and Colonial” theme. (that bit should appeal to Sun worshippers I guess).
    HRH Harrybaby couldn’t even work that one out. Good question: what did the hooray with the fancy mobile mit camera make out of this Sunny deal?
    Rupie’s now an American citizen btw.

Apparently the radio had a phone-in where people could suggest what could have been even more offensive. Someone suggested a Ku Klux Klansman. No way; that way we’d have been spared his ugly mug!
    Hard to imagine what could have been party-appropriate and even less sensitive or sensational – maybe painting himself yellow and going as Pol Pot? (taking advice from Granddad on ‘slitty eyes’ first?)

#22607 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Harry is a spoiled brat…let him join the army so they can ship him of to the battlezones.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Breaking News: Prince Harry Wearing A Nazi Uniform
Your information: