BREAKING NEWS

Forums Forums TV Newsroom BREAKING NEWS

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MelbourneTV 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MelbourneTV
    Participant
    #21937 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Sky News Australia is to launch co-anchored bulletins early in January 2005.

Lineups are yet to be made public but will commence I believe on January 3.

The set will have some alterations including a new desk. No drastic changes as it is just an interim arrangement as Sky is moving to a huge new facility in the Sydney suburb of North Ryde. Not sure when the facility opens, however it is expected to be fairly decent in size/set layout as Foxtel is extremely keen to have Sky News Australia one of its flagship channels.

Sky News Australia is set to open a new bureau in Melbourne in the first half of 2005 with studio facilities, which will be used as a backup if Sydney facilities are unavailable.

Also the Canberra bureau’s chromokey background has been altered and now is in the shape of a former Seven Network Canberra backdrop.

Sky has also had a increased budget approved from owners bskyb, Seven and Nine. –> Explains its expansion for 2005

Bring on the changes SKy!

#21938 Reply

Neil in Budapest
    Participant

I saw Sky Australia in Melbourne in February, 2004, during a visit to that great place.

Lots of sport, and Australian politics.

#21939 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Glad to hear you enjoyed my home town

Sky are really good at covering federal politics and are getting really good at breaking major national news.

The lineups have been release, with co-anchoring used on weekdays.

The 6am-11:30am:
    Vanessa Tresize & Michael Willesee

12pm-6pm
    Jacinta Tynan & John Gatfield (Mon-Wed)
    Leigh Hatcher and Sharon McKenzie (thurs, fri)

6:30pm-12:30am
    (Mon-Wed): John Mangos and Susanne Latimore
    (Thursday): Leigh Hatcher and Susanne Latimore
    (Friday) Leigh Hatcher and Craig Norenbergs

#21940 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I was just watching Sky News A NZ and I just saw an ad it was the presenters saying things abot the news and it also included shots of two newsreaders standing together obviously for the new double-header bulletins… Are we going to see these double headers from ommorow does anyone know? thanks.

#21941 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Yes, co-anchored bulletins have begun.

Jacinta Tynan & John Gatfield are yet to read together as Tynan was absent Monday & Tuesday, and Gatfield is reporting in South East Asia.

Jacinta also is the newest presenter to Sky, having previously been at ABC Asia Pacific as chief news anchor.

Co-anchored bulletins are good, however the set isnt built for it. Wont be tooo much longer before the move to new studios though – 6-9months I’d say.

No co-anchored evening bulletins on Fridays due to the sports presenter, and weekends will remain solo anchored.

#21942 Reply

Damian
    Participant

MelbourneTV+Jan 7 2005, 12:00 AM–>(MelbourneTV @ Jan 7 2005, 12:00 AM)
    Yes, co-anchored bulletins have begun.

Jacinta Tynan & John Gatfield are yet to read together as Tynan was absent Monday & Tuesday, and Gatfield is reporting in South East Asia.

Jacinta also is the newest presenter to Sky, having previously been at ABC Asia Pacific as chief news anchor.

Co-anchored bulletins are good, however the set isnt built for it. Wont be tooo much longer before the move to new studios though – 6-9months I’d say.

No co-anchored evening bulletins on Fridays due to the sports presenter, and weekends will remain solo anchored.

I was wondering why is saw no Susanne Latimore with John Magnos this evening… but Did anyone see the other day at the 0000 AEDT for nz 2.00am bulletin? When they were playing a story about a bad umpire or somthing? Then when it was finished they went to crack a joke and for some reason they just couldnt stop laughing.. and the good thing is I have a tape… anyway when Susanne started reading the weather she was laughing away and then John goes here we go…. she was still readin and laughing then she says Help me out John… then a couple of moments later he finished the weather off skipping new zealand.. when the weather was finished it was time for headlins and John read them all… He began to chuckle during they first headline then he stopped straight away and said Excuse me. and carried on then he laughed again and said .This is shocking or awful) and continued when the next headline came up it took him a while to read it as there was lots of giggling going on then he read them all.. after the headlines while still in giggle mode they apologised, John wiped his eye and they said goodbye… phew!! :blink: I thought those to are a great pair!!

goodbye

#21943 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I was wondering why is saw no Susanne Latimore with John Magnos this evening… but Did anyone see the other day at the 0000 AEDT for nz 2.00am bulletin? When they were playing a story about a bad umpire or somthing? Then when it was finished they went to crack a joke and for some reason they just couldnt stop laughing.. and the good thing is I have a tape… anyway when Susanne started reading the weather she was laughing away and then John goes here we go…. she was still readin and laughing then she says Help me out John… then a couple of moments later he finished the weather off skipping new zealand.. when the weather was finished it was time for headlins and John read them all… He began to chuckle during they first headline then he stopped straight away and said Excuse me. and carried on then he laughed again and said .This is shocking or awful) and continued when the next headline came up it took him a while to read it as there was lots of giggling going on then he read them all.. after the headlines while still in giggle mode they apologised, John wiped his eye and they said goodbye… phew!!  I thought those to are a great pair!!

Someone once told me that you can drink while your working in Australia. I didn’t believe it at all, but now I do.

#21944 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

You cant drink while you’re at work – whoever told you that obviously needs to check things!

I missed it, would have been funny!

#21945 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

There is really one thing i do not understand – why on earth do they need/want double headed news bulletins? It seems totally unnecessary!

#21946 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I think its good. Solo anchored bulletins on Sky was/are awful. The channel is rather stale and it nees stuff such as co-anchors to brighten it up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: BREAKING NEWS
Your information: