Andrew Wilson

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Andrew Wilson

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  carjacbar 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

carjacbar
    Participant
    #17998 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

For pete’s sakes can someone get Andrew Wilson out of the sun when reporting. I’m always running for my sun glasses when he comes on (which is sadly too infrequent). Bad for the wrinkles!

#17999 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

What colour does arguably the broadcasting world’s most revolting babypoo brown tie collection look with your dark glasses on ?! (OK he has a few rivals on Sky sports to be fair). Andrew is a great reporter who talks TGV and sense at the same time, but oi oi oi, who buys his ties ? Who makes ties that ‘orrible?

Why do they always have to wear boring suits unless they’re in a war zone or covering a hurricane ? They look better and report better in the Marlboro style outfits, these foreign reporter blokes!

We’re getting really cerebral tonight folks!

#18000 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

Hmmm, was wondering when eagle eye would bring that up!

I look beyond his ties but I have to agree he looks best in casual clothes, everyone does apart from Ian Woods and Keith Graves (foreign correspondents talking), it will be a long time before we see Wilson in casual clothes again unless he pops off to another war zone that doesn’t start from Bush’s desk or another hurricane that doesn’t emit from Bush’s behind.

#18001 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

Why isn’t Andrew Wilson covering the Democratic election stuff? I don’t like Keith Graves as much.

#18002 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

Oh I do, I think he’s quite easy to listen to. Probably Wilson is having a break, buying new ties who knows?

#18003 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Well, he did have a ‘pass the sick bag Alice’ one on last time I saw him (worn with acceptable blue shirt, but still that vomit brown with dots).

I swear that man hunts ’em down, wherever they hide (the ties I mean). yes I much prefer his TGV talking to Keef as well. No contest.

However you know Andrew’s been looking the same since I’ve been watching him – same haircut even….hmm. Pondering what this means. Maybe his Greatest Fan can enlighten me

#18004 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

Any more comments about the ties and I shall have to challenge you to a duel, frying pans at dawn, you call the toss, does he buy them at Walmarts or Woolies?

Of course he looks the same, probably down to good living, happy marriage and now he lives in the states, no more bombs going off over his head. Look at David Chater, stressed out or what? They should send him to the States to team up with Wilson.

#18005 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Well, you’d win by default as eagleeye is def shuteye at dawn. Besides, I can’t cook.
    Yeah, I’m sure AW’s timeless looks are due to good, clean , all american living
    I’d love to see him teamed up with Mr Chater altho’ not sure how DC would take that one, and then Woodsy would have to do the flak jacket thing wouldn’t he as Sky are soooo small they can only send 2 reporters to the same place if it’s as big as the US of A. And I can’t see Woodsy with bombs falling round his dome. That takes a special kind of nutter, sorry, correspondent.

Frying pans at lunchtime…how does that sound? AWesome. We could sell tickets!!

PS Walmart. Rainman gear.

#18006 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

Lunch time it is.

I’d like to know what Andrew is doing when he is not reporting standing in the wrong light with the big round white house in the background? What do correspondents do all day?

anybody?

#18007 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Apart from buying ties and getting military hair cuts ?

They shmooooze with the Washington cocktail party politico set and check out the big, um, haired bimbos on rival networks.
    Occasional trips to trailer parks and back to Walmart for wet weather gear for the seasonal hurricane.
    Take the kids to school….

Why are there two Skymen in the US of A when they have a team up with Fox? All other foreign news is left to one, overworked correspondent, OR one we never see (where is Laurence Lee anyone ?).

Woks at lunchtime it is then.

#18008 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

Well, I’d rather be eating matzo ball soup and schwitzing in the hot middle east sun myself. I read Emma Hurd’s bit in the SKY magazine, shame they didn’t think to do it when Wilson was there, although I suspect his response would have read something like Stuart Ramsay’s, nothing out of the ordinary, pretty average guys living family life surrounded by hell. Bit like living in Cardiff really .

KEITH GRAVES IS TRYING TO OUT DO HIS FELLOW CORRESPONDENT WITH THE TIES!!

ps Laurence appears occasionally dressed like he’s in a scene from Gorky Park, bless him – I’d like to read his Q&A’s

#18009 Reply

edofis
    Participant

So when are the tickets going on sale?

#18010 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

OOOH a taker! They’ll be very expensive . Mind you, I’ll need you in my corner. That carjacbar’s a vicious woman and she tends to bend the rules a bit. Try to throttle me with a canary-vomit yellow tie she will before I’ve had a chance to wind up my wok swing.

yes, Mr Wilson , if you’re reading this -we ARE mad, but totally harmless (unless there’s a wok in the vicinity).

#18011 Reply

carjacbar
    Participant

If the tie fits!

Let me know when you are back to the land of the living Eagle Eye, my wok awaits!

BRING BACK ANDREW WILSON……………is my chant for today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Andrew Wilson
Your information: