Anchor rotation

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Anchor rotation

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author

st1407
    Participant
    #16186 Reply

st1407
    Participant

Hi everybody,

in the last weeks we have seen a lot of anchor rotation – does anyone know about a regular anchor schedule in the future? Or anything more about anchors at SKY News?

Thanks

st 1407

#16187 Reply

SkyNewsAus
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know if this helps you but this is the information I got of the Sky News Centre site (skynewscentre.co.uk). Anchors may not be necessarily all on at the same time.

The information is on further or you can click the link below

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/presenters.asp

SUNRISE

– Emma Crosby

– Steve Dixon

– Lorna Dunkley

SKY NEWS TODAY

– Julie Etchingham

– Martin Stanford

– Sheila Jansen

SKY NEWS AFTERNOON (1PM – 5PM)

– Mark Longhurst

– Kay Burley

LIVE AT FIVE

– Jeremy Thompson

– Anna Botting

SKY NEWS EVENING (8PM – 12AM)

– Vivien Creegor

– Chris Roberts

– Juliette Foster

– Karin Giannone

– David Foster

– Paula Middlehurst

SKY NEWS OVERNIGHT

– Michael Watkins

– Sue Radford

– Gordon Radley

– Sarah Lockett

– Martin Popplewell

– Hannah O’Sullivan

– Mai Davies

– Kevin Owen

– Sarah Gatenby

– Lahra Mclean

– Steve Gaisford

WEEKENDS (4PM – 12AM)

– Allan King

– Lisa Aziz

LITTLEJOHN

– Amanda Platell

– Richard LittleJohn

– Carole Malone

— — —————————-

Hope it Helps!

Cheers,

SkyNewsAus

#16188 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Gawd, I thought this was another Anna Botting forum!

#16189 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Just wondering what the situation is with regards some of the line-up.

The latest brochure we got at the Sky News Ireland press conference states that Greg and Lorna are the Sunrise presenters. Have to say I’m happy about that.

But does that mean that Emma is now without a regular role and will become one of the part-time presenters on weekend Sunrise and on the 8pm – midnight Monday to Friday? Strange because when she joined they made a big issue out of it.

Strange because the brochure states Viv, Allan and Juliette are the presenters of the 8pm-midnight – no mention of Chris Roberts.

Also notice Juliette hasn’t done much more than weekends and business shifts in recent weeks.

Lisa Aziz has been presenting Thursday/Friday for Kay quite a bit recently too.

It would seem they don’t have any shortage of females with Karin, Paula and Sheila also in the mix. Presumably with all of these being new or fairly new Mums they’re happy with that? And Steve Dixon, David Foster and Allan King are also presenting news shifts Monday-Friday

#16190 Reply

Steven
    Participant

But does that mean that Emma is now without a regular role and will become one of the part-time presenters on weekend Sunrise and on the 8pm – midnight Monday to Friday? Strange because when she joined they made a big issue out of it.

Well, it obviously didn’t work out how they would have liked it to. She’s still young and perhaps a while on some of the less high profile shifts will tone her skills?

Strange because the brochure states Viv, Allan and Juliette are the presenters of the 8pm-midnight – no mention of Chris Roberts.

Perhaps those 3 are the permanent staffers?

But it is strange about Chris Roberts; I could be wrong but I reckon over the last 2 weeks he has been on every weekday evening shift.

Also notice Juliette hasn’t done much more than weekends and business shifts in recent weeks.

Well when Michael Wilson’s away they need somebody to cover, and that’s Juliette and David Foster – what more can be said on that?

#16191 Reply

newshound
    Participant

Staff rotas change you know. People are redeployed, on leave, sick. Let’s face it, in the fast-paced world of 24-hour rolling news it is not surprising that things are constantly changing, including the rotation of anchors. I hope this draws a line under the matter.

#16192 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Hi; this week Monday and Tuesday was Chris and Paula;;Wed was Chris and Sheila;;Thursday was Chris and Viv ,

However Allan and Paula replaced Anna and Jeremy on live @5 on Wed.

Yes,Juliette Foster i have not seen on 8pm-0000 for ages–probably on business.,

But on another note;you know the way the business news comes live from the London Stock Exchange-well is the studio actually in the stock exchange or is it in Millwall studio??

#16193 Reply

newshound
    Participant

Surely it is in the Stock Exchange. Sky News couldn’t lie about a thing like that, could they! Perish the notion.

#16194 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

It is the stock exchange, have you not seen the background?

#16195 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

do the BBC and ITV report live from the LDNStock Xchange aswell?

#16196 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

I don’t know, I am loyal to Sky!

#16197 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

News 24 does, ITV News doesn’t

#16198 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

Yes,Juliette Foster i have not seen on 8pm-0000 for ages–probably on business.

Juliette is on the business today in a very low-cut top!

#16199 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

I think she must have the same stylist as Jacqui Beltrao!

#16200 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

its 3.20pm now-when will juliette be on again?

#16201 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

News 24 does, ITV News doesn’t

The same studio area in the Stock Exchange is shared by Sky News and BBC News24!

#16202 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

its 3.20pm now-when will juliette be on again?

Probably when they have the business news at about 3:50. She is better than crusty Michael Wilson.

#16203 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

thanks news wench//but ive never seen michael wilson..at least i don’t think that i have!

#16204 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

She wasn’t on after all, they were doing live stuff on that wedding in Denmark and a river rescue in Oregon!!

#16205 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I saw her at 4.50pm in a normal top-certainly didnt see “very low top” as you seemed to think

Also no Kay today-Paula instead.

No Anna today- Lisa instead.

Also Paula Middlehurst seems to be doing a lot of work recently–Mon/Tues 8pm-midnight;Thurs(Live@5) and today(1-5pm).

Is she part-time or freelance?hmn>?i wonder.

#16206 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

Well maybe she has changed since lunchtime.

#16207 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

She has. She is now wearing a suit.

#16208 Reply

Steven
    Participant

But on another note;you know the way the business news comes live from the London Stock Exchange-well is the studio actually in the stock exchange or is it in Millwall studio??

Millwall or Millbank? Sky broadcasting there businees news form Millwall Football Club doesn’t seem quite right.

Also, CNN use the same studio as Sky and News 24 at the London Stock Exchage

#16209 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Paula has been doing alot of work this week.

Mon/Tues-8pm-midnite

Thurs-Live @5

Fri-1pm-5pm

Sat-Sunrise(????)====has anyone before seen paula doing sunrise

Also,where is Steve,Emma and Karin –have not seen those for ages??

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Anchor rotation
Your information: