Alison Bell

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Alison Bell

This topic contains 54 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author

kerry
    Participant
    #16507 Reply

kerry
    Participant

Does anyone know where Alison bell is? is she coming back to Sky?

#16508 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Does anyone know where Alison bell is? is she coming back to Sky?  🙁

She’s been doing a bit at CNN. I’m not too sure if she’s still there at the mo.

I have to agree I do like her, she would’ve been good on Sunrise.

#16509 Reply

Jamie
    Participant

Did she have a fight with sky or anything? or did she just get a better deal with CNN?

#16510 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Did she have a fight with sky or anything? or did she just get a better deal with CNN?

Well, she was on free-lance work at Sky and probably got a better offer at CNN. As I recall she was presenting World News Europe 5 nights a week. Finoula (sp?) Sweeney was on another assignment.

#16511 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Is Alison Bell a New Zealander?

In her bio it says:

“Alison Bell has worked in both Radio and Television Media.

Alison first started working on a Radio station in New Zeland which was a Top Rating Show.

Alison came over to the UK and worked with the New ITN News Channel which hit the Air in 2001. It wasn’t too long before Alison Bell join the Great Sky News.

Alison Bell as broke some of the Top Stories on Sky News Including The Tube crash at Chancery Lane, The Death of Policeman Steve Oake , The Death of Bee Gee Gibb, and Traces of Ricin found in North London. Alison Bell can be seen On Selected Weekends and sometimes Duing the Week.

Alison bell is Freelancing. ”

So is she a NZ born or just moved there, then moved back to London?

#16512 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Alison Bell is currently a freelance TV and Radio news presenter – appearing predominantly on CNN International and Sky News – as well as popping-up occasionally on LBC 97.3FM.

Until June 2002, she was a presenter for the ITN News Channel, from its launch in August 2000. She joined ITN in January 1999 as a presenter on News Direct, the London-wide all-news radio station.

Alison’s broadcasting career took off in the New Zealand capital of Wellington, where she was a top rating breakfast radio personality. She also hosted her own mid-morning show on the city’s Number One commercial radio station.

Although born in Yorkshire, Alison grew up in New Zealand and now lives in London.

#16513 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

SNA should try to get her to front their channel, although I doubt she’d except a demotion.

I really think SNA should become “Sky News Australasia” and broadcast LIVE from Sydney to NZ, Fiji, New Caledonia, PNG, East Timor and Singapore. Of course keep its primary role as Australia’s news channel but expand its presence as they’re the key nations in the region.

#16514 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

Just saw on Sky News Today that Alison Bell has been arrested on drug charges with James Hewitt.

If its true, who would have thought?

#16515 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Sky News Headlines
    I guess she has found herself a new occupation! :blink:
    ________
    Tanya

#16516 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’m stunned Seriously.

I can’t believe this. She must’ve been duped by this Hewitt character. I hope. Or just falsely accused. Somehow.

She hasn’t been on CNN recently, has she?

Ah, now I realise who this Hewitt character is… I’m not British, so I’m not familiar with your “celebs” as much. What the hell was she doing with this sorry person anyway? :angry:

#16517 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Martin Brunt was just on, about ten minutes ago. They’re still in the “slammer”. They’re at the police station in Notting Hill. There was some moron running around behind Martin shouting W***** and making funny signs above his head :unsure:

They were arrested becuase one of them, Alison it appears, as she was the one arrested for supplying the coke, speed, heroin or whatever it was, went outside the bar momentarily, only to go back in. Somebody called the police and a bit later they were both “prisoners”…

#16518 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Very sad news, Alison is a top presenter and I hope she pulls though these dark days

#16519 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Kristian+Jul 22 2004, 01:50 PM–>(Kristian @ Jul 22 2004, 01:50 PM)
    I’m stunned Seriously.

I can’t believe this. She must’ve been duped by this Hewitt character. I hope. Or just falsely accused. Somehow.

She hasn’t been on CNN recently, has she?

Ah, now I realise who this Hewitt character is… I’m not British, so I’m not familiar with your “celebs” as much. What the hell was she doing with this sorry person anyway?  :angry:

Kristian, how can u say this?
    None of us here know James or Alison personally, she may be a drug user for years likewise James might have been, I’m not saying they have been or are they now, you must bear in mind that they are BOTH innocent until proven otherwise, it is not for you or I to judge them, that is the job of the legal system.

I have watched a few things about James and I for one think he has had a raw deal, it takes two to tango and i’m fed up with everyone coming down on Diana’s side all the time, lets not forget is was this so called Princess who said Andrew Morton’s book was full of lies and at the end of the day is was HER that was meeting him and giving him all this info, despite the fact she denied it to her dieing day..

#16520 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Keep in mind that that post was written in “the heat of the moment”. It was quite a shock to find that someone I admire like Alison might possibly be on drugs.

And about Hewitt. I really don’t have any sort of feel for what he’s like, as I really haven’t followed all the Diana stuff. Probably because I was barely in my teens when she passed away, and I’m still not British either. I do think it was made quite clear, when they reviewed the papers just about twenty minutes ago, what people thought of him, so my initial assessment as to his character probably wasn’t all too harsh. I just hope that Alison’s colleagues don’t feel about her the same way the British public seems to feel about Hewitt.

You’re right, it’s not my job to judge them. I don’t think I did, at all. I can tell you how I feel about her choice of friends, in this case, though, and it doesn’t seem too smart, does it?

Of course I hope this is all a big lie. I hope that Alison will soon be back on CNN and all this will be forgotten because someone at the Cactus Blue bar saw a celeb he/she didn’t like with another semi-celeb and then decided to call the bobbies on them. I don’t know if they’d be arrested if they didn’t have any drugs on them. At the end of the day I hope this is all some big mistake.

#16521 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Alison Bell is about to hit both our 6pm bulletins in New Zealand as a former Wellington radio host. This from the NewstalkZB radio station:

Friday, 23 July 2004
    Former NZ Broadcaster released on bail

The former New Zealand broadcaster arrested in London on suspicion of supplying class A drugs has been released on bail.

TV presenter Alison Bell was arrested with notorious royal “love rat” James Hewitt.

He was arrested on suspicion of possession.

Both have been ordered to report back to police in September and no charges have been laid.

Bell is best remembered in New Zealand as the woman who cheated on Prince Edward.

The pair met in the mid-1980s when he was teaching at Wanganui Collegiate and she was working at a local radio station.

The relationship reportedly ended when she was found to have been two-timing him.

Former kiwi workmates say Bell was very ambitious.

They are not surprised she was arrested in the company of Princess Diana’s former lover.

#16522 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

:unsure: This is major news.
    Her career would be over now. I doubt anyone would employ someone charged with drug offences (on a major presenting role).
    Poor Alison. She is such a talent. All wasted now.

Was on our morning news show ‘TODAY” as well. Pretty big news on SNA too.

#16523 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

I always thought alison bell, lorna dunkley and anna botting could have passed as sisters they were so similar.

#16524 Reply

rossi
    Participant

I agree, I’d be suprised if she gets any more work from cnn, sky or anybody else.
    Even if she’s shown to be completely innocent, mud sticks.
    anyway, that’s the least of her worries, she could get ‘life’, it says in the sun….

From the Sun “Bell faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment if convicted of supplying cocaine. But if both admit the offences police have the discretion to offer them a caution.”

she looks completely different in the pictures in the sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004340726,00.html

http://www.geocities.com/mickfosgb/alison.html

#16525 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Uh oh.

Too bad for her. I don’t think she’s ever going to be on my television again, at least except for when she and Hewitt appear in court come September. Wow, she looked really bad on those pictures. :blink:

For some reason almost seeing the hard evidence has made this easier to process…

#16526 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Kristian+Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM–>(Kristian @ Jul 23 2004, 12:27 AM)
    Keep in mind that that post was written in “the heat of the moment”. It was quite a shock to find that someone I admire like Alison might possibly be on drugs.

And about Hewitt. I really don’t have any sort of feel for what he’s like, as I really haven’t followed all the Diana stuff. Probably because I was barely in my teens when she passed away, and I’m still not British either. I do think it was made quite clear, when they reviewed the papers just about twenty minutes ago, what people thought of him, so my initial assessment as to his character probably wasn’t all too harsh. I just hope that Alison’s colleagues don’t feel about her the same way the British public seems to feel about Hewitt.

You’re right, it’s not my job to judge them. I don’t think I did, at all. I can tell you how I feel about her choice of friends, in this case, though, and it doesn’t seem too smart, does it?

Of course I hope this is all a big lie. I hope that Alison will soon be back on CNN and all this will be forgotten because someone at the Cactus Blue bar saw a celeb he/she didn’t like with another semi-celeb and then decided to call the bobbies on them. I don’t know if they’d be arrested if they didn’t have any drugs on them. At the end of the day I hope this is all some big mistake.

Kristian fair point maybe i was a bit to rash to defend James as well, but i do feel sorry for him to some degree, with all this Diana sh*t, as i said it does take 2 to tango.

Having had a look at the sun article it looks a bit of a set up to me, i mean what’s the chances of a Photographer being there when a deal goes down? as people have said waste of great talent, shame.

Hope I didn’t offend you.

#16527 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Heh, no worries

I don’t know if it looks like a setup. The pictures pretty much convinced me, as I think I made pretty clear in my previous post. Yes, people sometimes lick each other’s fingers, but the pinky finger, and in a restaurant? Might seem like a silly detail, but I don’t think it is. They also both looked like hell when they were arrested.

I feel sorry for Alison. I have no idea when she started slipping into this way of life, but it’s just such a waste. It’s funny that, in the past three months, when she’s known Hewitt, I haven’t seen her on CNN much, if at all. I wouldn’t know, but perhaps it’s not a coincidence…

#16528 Reply

rossi
    Participant

whatever the outcome.

obviously the biggest mistake/badluck of her life was the day she met him.

#16529 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

He kissed and told on princess Diana and..
    she kissed and told on prince Edward.
    They sound like kindred spirits to me.

#16530 Reply

rossi
    Participant

the pictures show she’s no angel.

but the press have had it in for him for a long time.
    But they didn’t put the drugs in his pocket.

she was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I could be wrong though, she could be a top drug dealer for all I know. (very unlikely though).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
Reply To: Alison Bell
Your information: