Address for sky studios

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Address for sky studios

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Schumi
    Participant
    #19922 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

I was wondering what the address is for both the sky news and sky sports news studios. I want to write to a presenter you see. Is it the following?

Name of presenter
    P.O Box 11
    Isleworth
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QQ

Thanks, Steven.

#19923 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

[name]
    [department – eg Sky News, Sky Sports]
    British Sky Broadcasting
    Grant Way
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QD

#19924 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Skybaby+Oct 28 2004, 07:53 PM–>(Skybaby @ Oct 28 2004, 07:53 PM)
    [name]
    [department – eg Sky News, Sky Sports]
    British Sky Broadcasting
    Grant Way
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QD

Thanks for that. I’m just curious as to why the postcode and location are different to the original address I posted? Do sky have two separate places? For example, Soccer am is broadcast in Middlesex, and their postcode is TW75QQ. Is sky news and sky sports news not filmed at the same location?

#19925 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

Are you 100% sure the address is different for the sky news and sky sports news studios?

#19926 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

On soccer am today, Matt Le Tissier was on, and he had to leave early because he was on soccer saturday. I heard Helen Chamberlain say that he was now going to go across to the studio. Does anybody know how far away the two places are i.e. soccer am studios to the soccer saturday studios? Any help would be great, thanks.

#19927 Reply

skywatcher
    Participant

Soccer Am is filmed in Studio 4 in the Sky Osterley Area.

Studio 4 to Sky Sports News studio is about a 2min walk. If that.

When you watch Soccer Am, and when they are outside. The building you seem them kick balls towards is the Canteen / Some Edit Suit / VT Recording Area Building. Then Sky News and Sports News is just behind that.

Sky do have other areas around the country. But not many shows are made there. For example, they used to film Sky Travel in Hayes, But this is now done in Studio 4 at Sky

#19928 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

skywatcher+Oct 31 2004, 11:19 PM–>(skywatcher @ Oct 31 2004, 11:19 PM)
    Soccer Am is filmed in Studio 4 in the Sky Osterley Area.

Studio 4 to Sky Sports News studio is about a 2min walk. If that.

When you watch Soccer Am, and when they are outside. The building you seem them kick balls towards is the Canteen / Some Edit Suit / VT Recording Area Building. Then Sky News and Sports News is just behind that.

Sky do have other areas around the country. But not many shows are made there.  For example, they used to film Sky Travel in Hayes, But this is now done in Studio 4 at Sky

Thanks for your message, I now have a better understanding of where everything is. Thing is though, I am still confused about which address I should send a letter to. If the gap between where they do soccer am and sky sports news is only a couple of minutes walk, then surely the address is the same for both locations (the address soccer am have). On the aa website, I did a route between the two postcodes, and it says the distance is 1.3 miles, which is a lot more than a 2 minute walk.

I just want to make sure I send a letter to the right place.

#19929 Reply

skywatcher
    Participant

If your going to send a letter to sky news. Just send it to:

Sky News
    Grant Way,
    Isleworth,
    Middlesex,
    tw7 5qd.

Im not sure about this other post code or po box stuff…(bit like with Kirsty’s Home videos address)

But the address and post code above is the main one for sky. Sky news / sport / movies / one / etc

All post goes through the same sorting mail room which is scanned anyway.

#19930 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

skywatcher+Nov 2 2004, 01:35 AM–>(skywatcher @ Nov 2 2004, 01:35 AM)
    If your going to send a letter to sky news. Just send it to:

Sky News
    Grant Way,
    Isleworth,
    Middlesex,
    tw7 5qd.

Im not sure about this other post code or po box stuff…(bit like with Kirsty’s Home videos address)

But the address and post code above is the main one for sky. Sky news / sport / movies / one / etc

All post goes through the same sorting mail room which is scanned anyway.

So, is this address okay?

Name of presenter
    Sky Sports News
    British Sky Broadcasting
    Grant Way
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QD

The letter would be going to sky sports news by the way.

#19931 Reply

skywatcher
    Participant

yep, that address is good

#19932 Reply

Schumi
    Participant

skywatcher+Nov 2 2004, 11:43 PM–>(skywatcher @ Nov 2 2004, 11:43 PM)
    yep, that address is good

Thanks for that. I don’t need to enclose a note with the letter do I? For example, a third party note to say that this letter is for such and such and could you pass it on? I presume whoever the letter is addressed to will be the same person who will open the letter?

#19933 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Schumi+Nov 2 2004, 12:54 PM–>(Schumi @ Nov 2 2004, 12:54 PM)

Name of presenter
    Sky Sports News
    British Sky Broadcasting
    Grant Way
    Middlesex
    TW7 5QD

Hmmm, but dont forget to replace the “Name of Presenter” with the actual name of the presenter. I mean if you were to leave it as “Name of Presneter” that wouldn’t be of much use. Somebody quite random would have to open it, and they may show it to several other people. The ramifications are potentially horrendous, I dread to think.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Address for sky studios
Your information: